Wednesday, December 20, 2006

my dream............

This is Knife Sheath style lighter case. Pendant type.


other side


I was really busy today for tanning bear project. At first, I pulled the bear from the Safety Acid, drain it one hour, and soak it in RITTEL'S Super Solvent
(SS-618) 30 min. for de greasing. Then I went to coin car washing center and I used power wash. Surprisingly, the smell which I told yesterday were gone! But if you use power wash for rinse, I guess it would be better to soak water and rinse it some at first, then used power wash. Next, I soaked the pelt in Sodium Bicarbonate solution 20 min for Neutralizing. Then after rinse it well and drain one hour, I soaked it in Rittel's EZ-100 Tanning solutions with salt. The smell of EZ-100 is Sulfur. It should contained Sulfur. This tanning solutions are really sensitive. So I had to check the pH sometime. It settle down now. I started to soak it 17:00. And I will pick it 13:00 tomorrow.

I received really good mail today. It is from my Lakota friend....... sorry, Maria! You are my Lakota sister. I know I should not knock on your door when I buck to your house, and Your house's lock is always open for me...... right? It was really long time to hear from her. I met her when 11 years before. Her child were only baby. But...... I surprised, her big daughter become almost 15 year's old!!!!!!!!!!!! I remember that she chased me riding her horse..... tricycle with wave her Tomahawk........scoop. Surprise! She live in Porcupine, Pine Ridge Rez. SD. Her house and Prairie is not only my house but also 2nd hometown.

I introduced my wife Yuki yesterday. So I introduce myself today. Yuki love me.




My name is Hiroaki Okai. My friends call me Hilo! My family was SAMURAI people till 150 years before. But I am Japanese Lakota Beads worker now. I start to do beads works 11 years before. 11 years before, the biggest earthquake attacked my Kobe City. I lost a lot of..... also my hope. Then I went to the Pine Ridge rez. for look for something important for me. Then I met a Lakota old women. She told that I have to become beads worker. Then she asked me to follow their culture. So I have learned really hard and have propagated their culture. So now, a lot of Japanese people visits the reservation, and interested in their culture and craft. I become the most famous Japanese beads worker now.
But Asian people's craft is recognized "cheap". in USA. Actually, made in China or some other Asian country's crafts are tend to cheap. Also Japanese WERE. But it is not cheap today. Remain Lexus. That is Japanese car. Moreover our monetary value is same or hight with USA's. Actually, Our Japanese price is higher than price of NY! But everyone tend to think my items should cheap....... so they surprise to hear my price. But it is not higher than rez. prices. I hope to export my item to USA in the future. It is my dream.