Monday, December 18, 2006

2 collaborate items and about my tanning project

I made 2 collaborate items.

This is a shoulder type bag. A Japanese leather item brand whom name is WHOL made this bag. And I did beads work only.



This is......... as you see........ lol. Sorry, This is the cap of a Japanese silver smith brand whom name is SUNSHINE STUDIO. I did beads work only too.



By the way, perhaps you already know, I am tanning a Japanese black bear. We call the Japanese black bear as "TSUKINOWAGUMA". Because they have white hair around their throat. It looks like new moon. "TSUKI" means the Moon in our word, "NO" means "of", "WA" is ring or circle, then "GUMA (KUMA) means "bear". At first, I intended to tan by brain tan method. Then I start to study how to do.......... to ask my benefactor..... she is also my American big sister..... whom name is Quill...... and bought and read some English books. I met with Quill at Mr. Matt Richard's brain tan site. And I also met another benefactor....... her name is Paulette. She recommended to use chemical method because the hair on bear is really difficult even if the tanner is expert. I reacted against her advice at first. But I carefully thought about it....... and asked to Quill.... how does she think....... Then I decide to use her recommended method. It is to use the products of Rittel's Tanning Supply. So I did email the company and Mr, Rittel gave me personally and really sincerely advices. Then I start to tan it from Nov. 22. I will write about my progress till today in the near day but the bear have been submerged in the Rittel's Safety Acid Pickles while this 2 days. Then tomorrow, it would be 3 clear days from start to submerge, I will try to scrape again the membran which still left on. And submerge it again. I will use wet scraper on the pvc beam.




The backside bear is mine. She is this early autumn female bear. She haunt to human village which lot of people live in. Then the governor decide to exterminate her and ask to my friend who is "MATAGI" (Japanese bear hunter) people. MATAGI people hunt bear not for fun. They hunt for their life. So they value hold a memorial service for killed bear. I don't want to use killed animal..... for human's joy...... We Japanese value spiritual. So I stickle how died the animal. Maybe, you can understand.